Miss Mina has decided she wants another mermaid party this year. This might be her birthday dress. I have 2 1/4 more yards so she might end up with several choices. But then again I really like this fabric too. I might have to make something for me from it. I didn't use a pattern, I was in a cut and go kind of mood.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Baby girl is into dinosaurs lately. She roars whenever she sees one. I totally thought of her when I saw this fabric on my last Jo-Ann's trip. I used the Tessa Dress pattern from Oh So Sassy with a few modifications. We are both happy with the outcome.
Friday, May 6, 2011
It's a baby apron, in case you're not in the know.
|My baby girl likes to dress herself. Yes, that is big sister's nightgown she is wearing skirt style. Who needs sleeves?|
A success. I need to make about 12 more now because I'm in love.
A big shout out to Jess of Craftiness is not optional for sharing this awesomeness. Check her out because she inspires me and she could probably do the same for you.
Pattern and tutorial here.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Life is full right now. There have been yard sale walks, park walks, sprinkler playtime, MTMs, baking and slow unpacking. Then there are the dozens of projects we've started.
Current project: The Backyard
1. Rip out ugly plant.
This thing was spider and snail central. Hubby also found a salamander who was making his home in the leaves. We relocated him to under the apple tree but he seems to have found new digs for himself.
2. Keep these two little "helpers" out of the way.
Hence the creation of the ribbon tree rest area.
3. Get stuff done now that "helpers" are busy.
4. Move tons of rock while cursing the people who decided to put them here and then proceeded to dump dirt on top of them, remove a dead tree stump (also while cursing) and plant a beautiful blue hydrangea.
My hubby's thank you gift to me for moving all the rocks. Beautiful.
He promised me two but Osh only had one left. Boo.
5. Make curtains for the girls' room. (Sorry for the worst picture ever)
6. Get inspired to whip up a dress for the baby girl. Do it in 40 minutes, stuff her in it and hop in the car headed to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, where she refuses to let me get a good picture.
7. Realize how much I miss sewing, stumble across this,